lots of lots

Rare set of 120 antique miniature Tibetan Thangkas or Tsaklis,

Related Scrapbooks & Photo Albums

More Items in Scrapbooks & Photo Albums

View More

Recommended Books, Magazines & Papers

View More
item-124056346=1
item-124056346=2
item-124056346=3
item-124056346=4
item-124056346=5
item-124056346=6
item-124056346=7
item-124056346=8
item-124056346=9
item-124056346=10
item-124056346=11
item-124056346=12
item-124056346=13
item-124056346=14
item-124056346=15
item-124056346=16
item-124056346=17
item-124056346=18
item-124056346=19
item-124056346=20
Rare set of 120 antique miniature Tibetan Thangkas or Tsaklis,
Item Details
Description
Rare set of 120 miniature Thangkas or Tsaklis, which were used to train the young monks in learning the large pantheon of deities in Tibetan Buddhism and the Bon religion. This type was sometimes sewn together into a long banner-these display the sew holes which suggest that they may have been sewn together into a very long string at one point. You occasionally find one of these for sale, but almost never find a set of 120 still together. Each has the name of the deity pictured on the front written on the back. They are darkened a bit by time and the butter fat lamps, but are otherwise in superb condition. Approx. 10% of them are shown in the photos- they are typical of the other 90% and were chosen randomly to be photographed for this listing. Each is 3.75 inches by 3.25 inches and is painted on a canvas-like fabric. They come in a photo album in no particular order. You are unlikely to find another set like this again. it has been almost 20 years since I have had another large set like this available. (Approx $25 per Thangka)
Buyer's Premium
  • 25%

Rare set of 120 antique miniature Tibetan Thangkas or Tsaklis,

Estimate $4,950 - $8,000
Jul 21, 2022
See Sold Price
Starting Price $2,950
Get pre-approved to bid live.
Shipping, Payment & Auction Policies
Offers In-House Shipping
Ships from Ukiah, CA, United States
Local Pick-Up Ukiah, CA, United States
Accepts seamless payments through LiveAuctioneers
The Buddha Gallery

The Buddha Gallery

Ukiah, CA, United States
301 Followers
logo
www.liveauctioneers.com
item

8436: Rare set of 120 antique miniature Tibetan Thangkas or Tsaklis,

Lot Passed
0 Bids
Est. $4,950 - $8,000Starting Price $2,950
Buddha Summer Auction
Jul 21, 2022 1:00 PM EDT
Buyer's Premium 25%

Lot 8436 Details

Description
...
Rare set of 120 miniature Thangkas or Tsaklis, which were used to train the young monks in learning the large pantheon of deities in Tibetan Buddhism and the Bon religion. This type was sometimes sewn together into a long banner-these display the sew holes which suggest that they may have been sewn together into a very long string at one point. You occasionally find one of these for sale, but almost never find a set of 120 still together. Each has the name of the deity pictured on the front written on the back. They are darkened a bit by time and the butter fat lamps, but are otherwise in superb condition. Approx. 10% of them are shown in the photos- they are typical of the other 90% and were chosen randomly to be photographed for this listing. Each is 3.75 inches by 3.25 inches and is painted on a canvas-like fabric. They come in a photo album in no particular order. You are unlikely to find another set like this again. it has been almost 20 years since I have had another large set like this available. (Approx $25 per Thangka)

Contacts

The Buddha Gallery
6508041928
420 Todd Rd.
Ukiah, CA 95482
USA
LiveAuctioneers Support
info@liveauctioneers.com
iphoneandroidPhone

Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.

TOP